Autodesk® Robot™ Structural Analysis Professional is advanced software for the analysis and design of structures using Finite Elements. Robot Structural combines the advance capabilities of structure analysis of any feasible form with ease and its friendly UI. It includes most of the international design standards and offers to its user infinite possibilities in analysis and a maximum control of their designs. Robot Structural Analysis Professional is used by renowned Consultancies around the world. (http://usa.autodesk.com/robot-structural-analysis-professional/customers/).
The course is intended Civil/ Structural Engineers with prior experience in CAD software and in Structural Analysis. Furthermore basic understanding of Reinforced Concrete Structures and the Finite Element method is a prerequisite. The course aims at introducing advanced structural analysis techniques to Attendees as well to demonstrate ways of applying it to the design of Concrete Structures. The comprehensive 3-day course will guide the trainees through acquiring skills on using Robot Structural Analysis professional and conducting advanced static and seismic analysis of 3d Frame and Shell Structures.
Expected Outcomes :
The main objectives of the course are to:
- Facilitate the participant through Robot Structural Analysis Interface.
- Introduce the participant to the basic underlying FEM theory and assumptions
- Develop Structural modeling techniques for inputting geometry data with ease
- Use Revit Structure to interchange Data between Analysis and Design
- Perform static Analysis of Structures
- Perform Modal and Seismic analysis of Structures
- Analyze and assess the performance of Shell structures using Plate Elements
- Perform Advanced Analysis of Structures (Pushover – Non Linear Time History)
- Export models to other formats and generate Analysis Reports
Structural analysis using Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2015
Teaching Methods: Lectures, Computer Demonstrations, Tutorials, Discussions, Presentations, Hands-On Practice